This is for the McLean sisters only! It is private.
Saturday, July 14, 2012
Completed Project
Ernie and I struggled to get it back together, but here's the completed project. It needs a few touch ups because Ernie couldn't remember how he took it apart and he has a heavy hand. But it looks way better than it did.
I got the re-tread for $1.25 and it was long enough for both pieces. I bought one can of red paint and one can of white paint and they were both about $4 each. The foam was around $3 with coupon at JoAnn's. The priciest item was the vinyl because of the way it sells. I had to buy twice as much as I needed to get the width so I have a lot left. It was $7. So it cost under $20. Plus I have the satisfaction of knowing I refurbished a old piece and can actually use it. I could have bought a brand new step stool, but it wouldn't have the retro quality I was looking for.
looks great!
ReplyDeleteLooks nice but how much did it cost to refurbish?
ReplyDeleteI got the re-tread for $1.25 and it was long enough for both pieces. I bought one can of red paint and one can of white paint and they were both about $4 each. The foam was around $3 with coupon at JoAnn's. The priciest item was the vinyl because of the way it sells. I had to buy twice as much as I needed to get the width so I have a lot left. It was $7. So it cost under $20. Plus I have the satisfaction of knowing I refurbished a old piece and can actually use it. I could have bought a brand new step stool, but it wouldn't have the retro quality I was looking for.
ReplyDelete